A mix of conversations and workshops (including space for anyone to host a conversation or workshop during the event) around building an even more effective disability rights movement
We'll be taking on questions like:
- what do we mean by “activism” and “disability rights movement”?
- do we spend too much time fighting amongst ourselves?
- what role can allies best play?
- how does social change happen?
- what can we learn from other social justice movements, #moments, leaders like Greta Thunberg?
- World Premiere’ screening of video interviews with some of our heroes – disability activists in Aotearoa whose work and commitment has helped get us to where we are today.
- A focus on a broad social change issues (poverty, housing, citizenship, legal issues transport, employment, discrimination, violence, inclusion and justice) not systems, funding and services.
- Conversations designed to build stronger links between the disability justice/rights movement and other social movements, learning from how these movements have achieved change, and challenging them to become more accessible to, and inclusive of, disability and disabled people in their work.
An easy-going programme with plenty of time for connecting, hanging out, performance, making music, relaxing, and creativity.
Friday 14th Feb
Saturday 14th Feb
Sunday 16th Feb
Do you like this page?